CTEC NEWS – September and October 2015 Culinary Arts:
- Community Service Volunteers from the program, along with other CTEC students and staff, volunteered on the weekends at the BIG E West Springfield Lions Club food concession preparing food and serving.
- The Bistro, student run restaurant is open to the public on Thursdays and Fridays from noon to 1 PM.
- Oct. 9th Guest Speaker Chef DeLainey Broggi from Johnson & Wales University did a presentation on Food Science: Blackberry Agar Caviar.
- Oct. 27th the students prepared dinner for 120 guests, all members of the CTEC programs Advisory Committees.
- Oct. 28th Student Community Service Volunteers from the program participated at West of the River Chamber of Commerce Food Fest held at Chez Josef. The students manned the CTEC Culinary Arts booth preparing and serving Butternut and Tomato Bisque and Ham, Cheddar and Apple Cranberry Slaw Baguettes.